Stroller or Babywearing? Not sure which to pick? We're here to help break down the pros and cons of both and help you decide which is more useful for you and your Babe. In the end you may find you want both!
Let's start with strollers:
Image via @_charlesoliver_
Strollers - Why they're great!
- May be suitable for parents with pre-existing back pain or health concerns that may prevent babywearing.
- Acts as a shopping basket with additional storage.
- Depending on the stroller, it may be used from birth to a few years old.
- Great for long trips outdoors where crowds are not a concern.
However, keep in mind:
- Strollers can be difficult to manoeuvre in tight and crowded spaces, especially areas with stairs.
- Take up storage space.
- Require heavy lifting in and out of cars.
- Difficult to travel with.
- If you have multiple little ones that are of stroller age, you may need to invest in two at the same time.
- Can be more expensive and require accessories.
Now that you know the ins and outs of when a stroller might be the best (and not so best) option, let's move on to Baby Carriers:
Baby Carriers - Why they're great!
- Babywearing can help to reduce crying and aid in cognitive and social development during those first few crucial months.
- Hands-free snuggles and keeps your Baby close at all times.
- Great for crowded places, at home, travelling and anywhere in between.
- Lightweight, easily portable and machine washable.
- Budget friendly
- Some Carriers can also double as a belly support during the third trimester.
However, keep in mind:
- Depending which Carrier you choose, some take practice to learn how to use safely and securely.
- Not all little ones enjoy being carried, however carrying them as early as possible may help promote babywearing for longer periods.
- May not be suitable for those with pre-existing back conditions or health concerns. If you are unsure, please consult your health care professional prior to babywearing.
If you're thinking of investing in a Carrier, let's work on selecting the right one for your lifestyle...
- Suitable from birth (3kg) - 8/10kg
- Soft, stretchy and lightweight
- Made from an exclusive bamboo/spandex blend
- Is the perfect option for newborn snuggles
- Suitable from birth (3kg) all the way up to 2 years (15kg)
- Breathable, lightweight and natural
- Made from an exclusive linen/bamboo blend
- Perfect option for those who want to wear their Babe for longer
- Suitable from 4 months (5kg) up to 2 years (15kg)
- Simple, easy and comfortable wear
- Made with an exclusive linen/bamboo blend
- 2 safe an supportive carry styles - chest-to-chest and back
Were there any questions we didn't cover?
Let us know in the comments below or send an email through to our customer care team at email@example.com
Remember, we're with you #fromthebeginning